13718 Enterprise Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44135
Phone: (216) 771-8220
Applications Available: (Accepted Monday-Friday)
Applications can be picked up at Local 44 Apprenticeship Office: 1651 E. 24th St., Cleveland
6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
New Apprentice Classes begin every September
- 18 years of age
- Must have Intent to Hire form signed and approved by a Signatory Contractor
- Have 300 hours roofing experience with Signatory Contractor prior to start of classes
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- U.S. Citizen
- Ability to perform the work
- Pass drug test
Terms of Apprenticeship Training:
- Apprenticeship shall be four (4) years consisting of ten periods
- Minimum of 4,800 hours of on-the-job training
- Minimum of 576 hours of classroom instruction
- Raises at regularly scheduled intervals (after completion of each period: combined 72 classroom hours and 600 work hours)
- Probationary period of 300 hours
Apprentices of Roofers and Waterproofers Local 44 can receive course credit towards an associate degree in a program offered by Owens Community College.